AltaSea is the new proposed marine research campus in the Port of Los Angeles. This 35-acre campus will be a collaboration of marine research, education, business, government, and the community. SCMI is the proposed first tenant in this innovative marine research facility. The planned facility will include 4,100 linear feet of waterfront dock and wharf space, deep draft berths to accommodate large research vessels, circulating seawater and marine life support systems, research and teaching laboratories, and an interpretive center. AltaSea’s vision is to develop a world class urban marine research and innovation center and offer a sea of opportunity to the community.
- On February 11th the Annenberg Foundation hosted “A Day at AltaSea” to dedicate “Leonard Aube Way” and preview AltaSea plans.
- On March 3rd 2014 AltaSea announced Rachel Etherington as their first chief executive officer. Please see the press release below:
- On November 7th 2013 the Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners approved a 50-year lease for AltaSea.
- LA Waterfront Magazine Fall 2013
- AltaSea Unveiled at the Port of Los Angeles
- AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles
- The Port of Los Angeles Facilities
- City Dock No. 1 LA Times article
- The new City Dock No. 1 Brochure